Monday, July 20, 2015

From want to need. Slight rant.

While driving home from Cincinnati this past weekend, I saw a sign on the side of the road by a corner.  It said, "What if fitness were fun? Come try a new kind of fun fitness!"

I gotta tell you, that sign got me thinking.  I thought about it the whole 
way home (slightly less than 3 hours).  

Why do people think that fitness is an option? Like if they aren't having SO MUCH FUN then they won't do it. You know..... the "I don't like working out" people.  And don't get me wrong, I WANT it to be fun.  But, sometimes its not.  My 225lb squats today were not fun.  They were painful and hard.  But you know what is fun? Gains, results, comfort, strength, and lack of ill health. 

Somewhere along they way people stopped thinking of fitness as something they needed to do or had to do for their health.  It became something that fit people did.  It became something that people 
only did if they wanted.  It became a hobby or an option.  

Fitness needs to be a priority, for everyone.  

It keeps your strong and healthy and keeps your heart and lungs and joints and 
muscles working better for longer.  It keeps you in shape and makes you feel good.  Maybe not 
mid squat, maybe not mid jog.  But in the long run, over a lifetime, 
it makes you feel good.  

Just because we don't always have a blast at work or school, does that mean we just don't include it in our lives.  We all have to work, to provide for ourselves and our families.  So if we know that biologically, we NEED to move, why do people right it off as if its not important? 

I hope someday this will change.  I hope someday, people value physical health as 
much as mental and social health.  

....... Ok. Rant over. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment