Wednesday, December 2, 2015

My new yoga routine.

Recently, my body has been feeling really tight.  My muscles and joints have been feeling so stiff that I've been uncomfortable.  I knew I needed to do something more than just light stretching to fix the problem.
My hamstrings are the worst right now.  They have been so tight, I couldn't even touch my toes. I think it was from a very uncomfortable leg curl machine....

Having tight muscles can really interfere with not just exercise, but a lot of everyday movements.  I notice it when I walk my dogs, when I bend down to switch the laundry and when I drive my car.
I've never had to worry about it much before, but now
I've begun to notice it all the time.

I decided to try yoga to loosen things up a bit.  I've done yoga before, a few times, and I really like it.  But this time I decided to really commit. Do it daily, well as daily as possible, and do it with intention.
You can find literally any type of yoga online, beginner to advanced, long and short.
Plus, yoga is something you can do with almost no equipment. I mean, they make tons of different yoga mats and blocks and socks and stuff.  But you don't NEED them.

After a few days of yoga, I can feel my muscles getting back to normal.
I think stretching and yoga is the most overlooked form of physical activity.  They aid in basic motion and mobility. Many people worry about their muscles and doing cardio, but they don't take the time to relax and sooth the muscles.

I am definitely guilty of this, but I hope overtime I can get my body to a better place now.


No comments:

Post a Comment